I am on the Mom diet,

Let me tell ya Girl, when you have a baby it is so different.
Everything changes... I mean everything. Your mind, mood, body, hormones, eating habits, this, that and the other. You don't have much of a say when it comes to the 'mom bod', you are too busy trying to keep a human alive. 
I have lost 70 pounds, then gained 8 pounds back. 
I workout and eat healthy for the majority of the time, but I still have the twenty-five pounds to lose. 
Before pregnancy all I had to do is workout and eat right during the week. Seriously, that was it. Now, I look at a doughnut and my thighs start to hug each other extra. 
Mama to Mama...its okay. 
There is something just so different when it comes to motherhood and weight loss. Starting this journey I felt so overwhelmed because I had never found myself in the position of needing to lose so much weight, or taking care of another person round the clock. All the different phases the baby goes through, you go through too. One minute the baby needs snuggles all day and the next they want to run all over town and throw tantrums. 
Forget the one night you missed some sleep because the next week it turns out their molars are coming in. 
I have found that there is never a perfect time in motherhood to just lose the weight. It seems I am happiest when I continue to workout and hit my goals in the gym as long as I am listening to my body, fueling it and living in the moment. 
If that means my family wants me to make some chocolate chip cookies and drink hot chocolate...I am going to do it! 
I have learned moderation in all things is the key to happiness. 
Drinking tons of water. 
Eating more vegetables. 
Enjoying myself with my family and friends. 
I don't have abs like I sometimes wish I could and the extra I still have I do make a fuss over sometimes, but the next day at the gym I am reminded that I am stronger and happier. That is all that matters. 
Us Mamas have to stick together. We need to make the healthier choices and we need to see sometimes that choice is either having an extra salad, or making dinner low-carb so we can shove a crumble cookie down our throat the second the baby is asleep. 
I am pro plant based and intermittent fasting, but I also am all for having a good time and a healthy mindset. 
I am on the Mom diet, my family is still young and I am still surviving and as long as I keep running on the treadmill to condition myself to chase after my toddler in Walmart and then possibly kick his butt in a race 6 years from now, I am considering myself healthy. 
-Kayleen 

Comments

Popular Posts